Thursday 4 January 2007

My eBay adventure - 2nd instalment

'By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail' - Benjamin Franklin (from Brain Quote).

As I embark on my 'cyberventure' into eBay, I clearly haven't prepared. Normally before I
embark on something like this I will do some ground work. In this case I will search Google (and any of the other major search engines) and blog sites to see what problems other people have had with eBay in order that I may avoid some of the pitfalls. I might even want to see if there are sites out there which offer better services. No, No, No..not this time! I will just dive straight in - after all I have to clear my loft (and fast!).

What is eBay anyway?

A site that helps you sell?
An auction site (I am indifferent to auctions - maybe because I have never partaken in one before)?
A merchant?

Well eBay claim to be: 'The World's Online Marketplace®, enabling trade on a local, national and international basis. With a diverse and passionate community of individuals and small businesses, eBay offers an online platform where millions of items are traded each day.' That sounds great to me...

Will keep you posted on how I'm getting on...

[amendment: It is 'eBay' not 'e-bay' - what do I know?]

No comments:

Post a Comment